It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: [Day 1 EM] Rise and Shrine (Expecting)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:23 am 
Yul smirked, his eyes glinting as Shoan took position opposite him.

"You might be." He tried to shrug, but couldn't move his shoulders properly like this; he waggled his head back and forth again. "Or you might not. I guess a lot depends on the match. Guess we'll have to wait and see, huh?"

Yul grimaced, the muscles in his arms beginning to shake... not long after Shoan stopped, so did he, falling back to a seated position with a nod and a smile.

--------------------------------------------------------

PLANT! Raw stam: 3d10o10k3 14

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:27 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul smirked, his eyes glinting as Shoan took position opposite him.

"You might be." He tried to shrug, but couldn't move his shoulders properly like this; he waggled his head back and forth again. "Or you might not. I guess a lot depends on the match. Guess we'll have to wait and see, huh?"

Yul grimaced, the muscles in his arms beginning to shake... not long after Shoan stopped, so did he, falling back to a seated position with a nod and a smile.

--------------------------------------------------------

PLANT! Raw stam: 3d10o10k3 14

Out muscled by a flyboy, it was a dark day. Although Shoan does look ever so slightly amused at Yul's tone
"I've had limited success at wait and see before, Shinjo-san, but if that is all that can be done...."
rolling her head around and loosening up her neck muscles
"What would your preferred match be Shinjo-san? Another pilot?"

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:39 am 
"Well..." Yul brushed his hands off again. "Not all. You can try to find a good match, try to make it happen. I guess that's what we're doing... all of us, I mean." Yul's smile was perhaps just the tiniest bit playful, but it was hard to tell for sure.

He continued to rest a bit, chest rising and falling as his breathing normalized. "As for what I prefer..." He shrugged. "I mean, pilots understand each other, so that's a plus, but maybe it's not necessary. As long as she likes going up." Yul mimed a plane taking off with one hand. "It's actually pretty nice, flying, just you and someone you like."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:42 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"Well..." Yul brushed his hands off again. "Not all. You can try to find a good match, try to make it happen. I guess that's what we're doing... all of us, I mean." Yul's smile was perhaps just the tiniest bit playful, but it was hard to tell for sure.

He continued to rest a bit, chest rising and falling as his breathing normalized. "As for what I prefer..." He shrugged. "I mean, pilots understand each other, so that's a plus, but maybe it's not necessary. As long as she likes going up." Yul mimed a plane taking off with one hand. "It's actually pretty nice, flying, just you and someone you like."

Shoan keeps a mostly....but not entirely straight face at Yul's plane puppetry skills
"Presumably even more so in the cockpit rather than in the hold. It does seem like a skillful way to feel another samurai out, my idea involved hunting megafauna. It is perhaps less romantic."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:57 am 
Yul grinned. "Oh yeah. It's a lot better in the cockpit, believe me. Flying is great. Being flown..." He shrugged. "Well, it's just getting around."

He shifted around, coming to a more comfortable kneeling position. "Hunting's not romantic, no." Yul frowned. "But there's something to be said for getting the measure of someone, wouldn't you say? I think you could learn a lot about someone that way?"

His eyebrows went up. "What kind of megafauna do they have here?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:59 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul grinned. "Oh yeah. It's a lot better in the cockpit, believe me. Flying is great. Being flown..." He shrugged. "Well, it's just getting around."

He shifted around, coming to a more comfortable kneeling position. "Hunting's not romantic, no." Yul frowned. "But there's something to be said for getting the measure of someone, wouldn't you say? I think you could learn a lot about someone that way?"

His eyebrows went up. "What kind of megafauna do they have here?"

"I think it is one way to measure the worth of a samurai. I could not imagine myself marrying a coward-"
Or worse, a merchant
"-Although I will grant there are more forms of courage than merely standing one's ground in front of a threat...although that is what I know the best. As for the megafuna I am told they have several monstrous beasts, some ambush predators, maybe even some mushroom monsters. I have not killed any of those before and would welcome to the opportunity to do so."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:14 pm 
Yul tilted his head, looking at Shoan curiously. "Yeah? Kill them, huh?" He studied her a few moments. "Okay if I ask why? Is it to prove your courage, or your strength?"

He shrugged. "I mean, I get that it's some sort of test, right? But like you said, there's more than just one form of courage."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:17 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul tilted his head, looking at Shoan curiously. "Yeah? Kill them, huh?" He studied her a few moments. "Okay if I ask why? Is it to prove your courage, or your strength?"

He shrugged. "I mean, I get that it's some sort of test, right? But like you said, there's more than just one form of courage."

"Well, I suppose it would be enough to defeat them and demonstrate my own capabilities and those of my companions, but from what I understand they might not choose to stop a conflict once started. As for courage or strength, I think it would only demonsrate those if it was a suitable challenge. Fighting and killing those below yourself is weakness."
She purses her lips, recalling something unpleasant.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:57 pm 
Yul caught the pursing lips, but it was hard to tell the difference between a difficult memory, and generic Lion disapproval.

He nodded. "I see. The point is to prove your capabilities, and killing them is a consequence of that. Be the best. Believe me, I get that." He met her eyes, his expression serious.

After a moment, Yul shrugged, smiling. "Well, fighting megafauna or not, I'd like to get out there and see what there is, sometime. Both from the air and from the ground."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:01 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul caught the pursing lips, but it was hard to tell the difference between a difficult memory, and generic Lion disapproval.

He nodded. "I see. The point is to prove your capabilities, and killing them is a consequence of that. Be the best. Believe me, I get that." He met her eyes, his expression serious.

After a moment, Yul shrugged, smiling. "Well, fighting megafauna or not, I'd like to get out there and see what there is, sometime. Both from the air and from the ground."

Perhaps all Lions are disapproving because of their difficult memories? It would certainly explain the Matsu

"Would you like to go out there...with me? I..I don't mean with me as we have only just become acquainted." And Yul's genealogy would need to be carefully scrutinized "But we could go there, and be in the same general area, as indeed, any samurai could, if they wished."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:34 pm 
Yul's eyebrows went up, and he chuckled softly. "Hey, don't worry. I understand. We're all getting to know each other better. Doing similar activities in the same general area."

He grinned. "But yeah, sounds great. Let's do it, sometime."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:25 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul's eyebrows went up, and he chuckled softly. "Hey, don't worry. I understand. We're all getting to know each other better. Doing similar activities in the same general area."

He grinned. "But yeah, sounds great. Let's do it, sometime."

Whew, that was a relief

Casually "Definitely, sometime. No need to do it immediately, I myself have lots of interesting and pleasant activities planned for the rest of my time here luck uh, bathing."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:27 am 
Yul's eyebrows went up for a moment, then slowly lowered. "Well, there's supposed to be a nice bathhouse here. It's not my next stop, but I'm gonna stop there today. Long spaceflight..." Yul grimaced.

He pushed himself easily to his feet. "That's part of why I'm here, doing these exercises. Well, you've always gotta do something, especially when you're stuck on a ship. I just put a little bit extra oomph into it after I'm planetside again."

He smiled. "But I'm sure you'll find plenty of other interesting activities here, Murame-san."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:35 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul's eyebrows went up for a moment, then slowly lowered. "Well, there's supposed to be a nice bathhouse here. It's not my next stop, but I'm gonna stop there today. Long spaceflight..." Yul grimaced.

He pushed himself easily to his feet. "That's part of why I'm here, doing these exercises. Well, you've always gotta do something, especially when you're stuck on a ship. I just put a little bit extra oomph into it after I'm planetside again."

He smiled. "But I'm sure you'll find plenty of other interesting activities here, Murame-san."

"Your dedication to training is a mark in your favour."
Maybe literally, Shoan was making a list

"I hope there are other suitable activities, I may be forced to experiment. Still, this was a ...pleasant way to begin my day Shinjo-san. Thank you for the conversation, I should leave you to your exercises."
Shoan begins to withdraw before remembering something
"Oh, you have good core muscles Shinjo-san...."
And Shoan just turns and walks off.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:08 am 
"Yeah." Yul said, giving Shoan a friendly smile. "It's been fun. You've been a good workout partner, Murame-san."

He blinked at the compliment, looking down at his stomach. In fact, he was in pretty good shape, not muscular, but certainly fit, with clean masculine lines. "Uh... thanks." He said, looking up as she walked away.

It would be a few moments later that Shoan would hear, called after her, "You have some pretty nice muscles yourself, Murame-san."

/scene?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:14 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"Yeah." Yul said, giving Shoan a friendly smile. "It's been fun. You've been a good workout partner, Murame-san."

He blinked at the compliment, looking down at his stomach. In fact, he was in pretty good shape, not muscular, but certainly fit, with clean masculine lines. "Uh... thanks." He said, looking up as she walked away.

It would be a few moments later that Shoan would hear, called after her, "You have some pretty nice muscles yourself, Murame-san."

/scene?

Shoan is quite red but...that's just a natural result of exercising, right?

((Scene works for me, thanks for the RP! ))

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2