It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: D1 Side Event: Welcome banquet (pink tent) EE
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:48 am 
Chiruha smiled sheepishly with a shrug. "Well, I just try to help out here and there, Mal-Chin-san. The wild life here are our constant neighbours, the least we could do is know more about them, ne?"

"Ohh, uhm..." she said at first before looking a bit pensive. "I had been away for a few days and I was hoping to catch up with the festival preparation, especially with everything that still needs to be done around here too. I still need to paint those pieces...But if Yasuki-sama wishes, I can make time in my schedule for tea. Have you acquainted yourself with the Shiro and habitats yet? Do you know about the Snow-Moon-Flower?"

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:11 am 
Moto Ruhe wrote:
"I think I am! It's a brand new experience after all. Who knows what comes out of it! Maybe I'll end with one of the people in this tent, some still total strangers to me." He laughed, then downed his sake. Ruhe didn't consider the question dumb. Rather, one of the very basic ones which it would be a shame to gloss over. Whatever was going to happen, most likely it wouldn't happen ever again for either of them.

"Speaking of who we'd end up with, does anyone know who it'll be decided? I heard about some kind of competitions, but don't really know the basics beyond that." Shirokiku asked the group. She offered no real hints as to who was on her mind - perhaps she hadn't met anyone yet, perhaps she had.

Battlefield Carry: Daisho, Rifle, sturdy clothing, communicator, likely travelling pack

Bio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:18 am 
She managed a brief smirk at her fellow Unicorn's enthusiasm, though the ice queen didn't yet melt into a full smile.

"It's my understanding that we make the choices ourselves, but our host is putting on some competitions for potential matches to impress one another with their skills. Those who do best in these competitions get first pick, I heard."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:23 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
She managed a brief smirk at her fellow Unicorn's enthusiasm, though the ice queen didn't yet melt into a full smile.

"It's my understanding that we make the choices ourselves, but our host is putting on some competitions for potential matches to impress one another with their skills. Those who do best in these competitions get first pick, I heard."

"Oh, so almost like the Emerald Championships of old but for marriage partners? That sounds like it could be romantic." Shirokiku seems to develop a wider smile at the idea of a storybook romance, one could guess.

Battlefield Carry: Daisho, Rifle, sturdy clothing, communicator, likely travelling pack

Bio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:40 am 
Asako Chiruha wrote:
Chiruha smiled sheepishly with a shrug. "Well, I just try to help out here and there, Mal-Chin-san. The wild life here are our constant neighbours, the least we could do is know more about them, ne?"

"Ohh, uhm..." she said at first before looking a bit pensive. "I had been away for a few days and I was hoping to catch up with the festival preparation, especially with everything that still needs to be done around here too. I still need to paint those pieces...But if Yasuki-sama wishes, I can make time in my schedule for tea. Have you acquainted yourself with the Shiro and habitats yet? Do you know about the Snow-Moon-Flower?"

"Your invitation to get first hand research is the only reason I've risked the forest myself; it does make sense to learn more." He dips his head in thanks to her past action.

He goes back to his densai then, triggering the holorecorders to pick up audio, as no one seemed to be posing in front of the potential Kyuden.

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal
"Way down deep, you ain't hiding the truth"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:45 am 
Ah, romantic notions! Makes me want to sing."

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:46 am 
Moto Ruhe wrote:
"Ah, romantic notions! Makes me want to sing."

Shirokiku gave Ruhe a nod, although whether that was a nod of 'by all means, please sing' or 'yes, it does' could be left to interpretation.

Bio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:07 am 
"Wait... romance?" Chiyoko blinked in surprise.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:17 am 
"I suppose the blessings of Benten-Kami should not be dismissed entirely, as long as a samurai do not forget their duty first. Sometimes, Benten's blessings take time before they manifest." Yes, she was stealing that line from her roommate somewhat, but none of the others were here to hear that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:23 am 
Matsu Chiyoko wrote:
"Wait... romance?" Chiyoko blinked in surprise.

"Yes! Could you imagine? It would be just like in the wings of the Butterfly, written all the way back in the 22nd century."

A slightly old an obscure reference to one of the old archived Dragon novels on the Red Dragon.

"Just imagine, you've thrown blood, sweat and tears and this competiton and while you think you've done well, the man you've been idolizing and been talking with during the event scored higher than you."

As she spoke she became more animated, as if coming out of her shell.

"So you're thinking about the life you may end up in when he approaches you and asks you to marry him and then you say yes and then eeeee~"

From the way her feet shuffled to the way her cheeks rosened, her excitement was obvious. Once she realized what she had said, she composed herself more evenly.

"I mean, you know, Romantic. Maybe. Duty first of course, but still. You know."

Bio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:31 am 
"Wait... we are choosing our spouses?!" Chiyoko sounds almost a bit incredulous now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:32 am 
Hyeon-ju did her best thousand yard-stare to not look at the Susumu like she had grown a second head.

"It's my understanding that's the case, yes, Matsu-san." She remarked with a completely neutral tone and sipped her sake.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:43 am 
"Sort of - there's only so many people to marry, so I imagine only the top half of however the order is decided get a say on who they marry, realistically."

Bio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:52 am 
Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
"Your invitation to get first hand research is the only reason I've risked the forest myself; it does make sense to learn more." He dips his head in thanks to her past action.

He goes back to his densai then, triggering the holorecorders to pick up audio, as no one seemed to be posing in front of the potential Kyuden.

Chiruha smiled at Mal-Chin. "And your contribution is very much appreciated. I don't think you need to go so far to risk the forests, especially when you could take more than a few people with you too. I imagine with so many guests among us, there are likely many curious, academic and adventurous minds here."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:54 am 
"Hai. I met one of the Murame family today, who is hoping that a hunting party is formed." He leaves it at that. "I expect there will be many who want to see something they've not seen before!"

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:08 am 
Chiruha narrowed her eyes at that thought and gave a few slow nods at Mal-Chin. "Hunting...and were you planning on hunting with the Lion?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:26 am 
A shake of his head. "No. Just advised that if it was going to happen, that people go in a group. We may want to organize an exploration and perhaps teach some conservation methods, to offer a better understanding of Asakaze? Its likely some will be staying here after all of this."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:50 am 
Chiruha smiled earnestly after a moment of consideration and gave a relieved nod at this. "Oh, right...That's a very good idea, actually, Mal-Chin-san. To be honest, I'm surprised I was able to find you so easily among everyone here. You should be swarmed by the visitors for information and help by now!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:12 am 
He reaches a hand back and rubs his hair. "Aw, well. I figured tomorrow I'd have the chance to tell everyone I haven't given the survey to about it, and that'd help get information out before anyone gets lost."

A shrug, "I'll need to keep some sort of balance. Coding the site will take a bit of time and well. We're going to end up married at the end of all of this, and its strange to think we don't even know who!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:17 am 
Susumu Shirokiku wrote:
"Sort of - there's only so many people to marry, so I imagine only the top half of however the order is decided get a say on who they marry, realistically."

Chiyoko just sort of... stared at Shirokiku blankly for a long moment. Before finally speaking. "Well. That is... unexpected. But I suppose it's not a terrible reward for doing well." Her brain seemed to be moving now. Like she was trying to reassess the people she's met so far.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next