It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: D1 Side Event: Welcome banquet (yellow tent) EE
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:20 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:

Ichika waved her hand passively, "No no," she said, a smile. "I mean.. it's a little boring to me if you started going into the little details, but it's also interesting to see you connect the two things. You learned your rifle and.. well, I learned poetry," she said with a half-laugh.

Shoan thanks the fortunes she hadn't started into the age long debate about whether the rifle's trigger was too sensitive, or not sensitive enough, instead she allows herself the barest hint of a smile at Ichiki's observation

"I guess so Doji-san. Although I will not press you to write poetry about the gun."
There was enough of that in the Ikoma archives.

Trying to sound casual and probably not succeeding.
"Doubtless your clan would prefer you marry a fellow courtier?"

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:48 pm 
Hotaru Koseki wrote:
"Wow, and very true Daidoji-sama." He nodded calmly, mind still racing. It would be fun though.

Ishiyo's smile grew at that, also looking forward to the future conversation.

Suzume Shion wrote:
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Shion smiles slightly. It was funny how many people had actually heard her work.

"... well, I've seen what I've seen while working on them, but I can't say I've watched the whole series either. Been running almost as long as Iai duels, ne?", she says, holding back a grin at her bad joke.

"Oh... Daidoji-sama is Kakita trained, then?" - some excitement does show through her impassive face this time. "Well... we're used to traditions, but I guess the Crane are even more so, ne?"

<snip>

After another sip of her tea and a last bite at her mushroom skewer, she speaks looking at the Daidoji and Hotaru.

"So... any other shows Daidoji-sama and Hotaru-san like? Miya Network or otherwise. Or any bands, or musicians?"

"Well I am a fan of The Amazing Adventures of Space Hero Pilot Captain Inu Shikoku-ken, Courageous Warriors of the Stars!," She responded with sincerity....the show in question being a children's cartoon.

"My musical tastes are a bit more scatteh shot one might say," Ishiyo added after consideration, "Also to the point I would say I enjoy specific songs more then any specific artist. Though I have been listening to some more of Susumu Yakumo's work as of late."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:33 pm 
Suzume Shion wrote:

Shion smiles slightly. It was funny how many people had actually heard her work.

"Oh, I do like it!", she says, trying to remember the plot itself. She did remember and feel quite proud of the mix of instrumental jazz with min'yō work songs and honkyoku she and some coworkers had put together for the space combat scenes mixed with philosophical discussions, though...

After another sip of her tea and a last bite at her mushroom skewer, she speaks looking at the Daidoji and Hotaru.

"So... any other shows Daidoji-sama and Hotaru-san like? Miya Network or otherwise. Or any bands, or musicians?"

He waited for the higher status Daidoji to answer first. "Hmm, don't believe I've seen that one. Sounds entertaining though. I always liked Seppun Benteno Investigates. One Magistrate and his deaf dog solve crimes and teach important lessons."

He took a sip of his water before continuing. "Asfor music? Well, anything with a good drum beat really."

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:35 pm 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
She shrugs. "Where do they think the fires of passion come from if not their inner fire?" She pauses, head slowly tilting in thought. "Oh. Do you think they might never have been in touch with that side of the fire kami? I guess it might be shocking then."

"But really? What's steam if not the visible response of fire and water's passion. I can tell you the air kami are often mightily put out by having to move all that soggy effluvia." There's a pause to finish her skewer. "I mean, obviously some enjoy it, but you notice how still the air can be over springs? Yeah...like who wants to walk in on your roommates like that and then have to clean up after them to boot?"

Holding up the empty skewer she asks, "Do you think these are local mushrooms from the forests outside?"

Tsughiaru wasn't sure what would be better: bringing such a free thinker into the Spider, or having her marry into the Phoenix to teach them about the birds and the bees and the kami.

He nodded at the question.

'Either harvested or grown on a farm, most likely. If a colony can't grow it's own food it has to have something to make it important enough to justify the expense and hassle of importing it. Which can be a challenge, given that traditionally everyone still holds to the ancient standards of Rice and Fish. And it can be problematic to obtain those on worlds that are simply incapable of supporting them. This world supports mushrooms which are at least more acceptable than red meat, so I suspect they've found lots of ways to work it into their cuisine."

He nodded a bit.

"Better than ship rations packed with the ideals of shelf-life and cost at the forefront, ne?"

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:13 pm 
Murame Shoan wrote:
Shoan thanks the fortunes she hadn't started into the age long debate about whether the rifle's trigger was too sensitive, or not sensitive enough, instead she allows herself the barest hint of a smile at Ichiki's observation

"I guess so Doji-san. Although I will not press you to write poetry about the gun."
There was enough of that in the Ikoma archives.

Trying to sound casual and probably not succeeding.
"Doubtless your clan would prefer you marry a fellow courtier?"

"Well, thank you," she laughed to the first. Quirking a brow she appraised the second, of course, "I.. I don't think they've set any such needs. Really, I think they just hope someone comes to collect me up. At least... that's how my family seemed to put it," she said, sheepishly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:58 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
"Well I am a fan of The Amazing Adventures of Space Hero Pilot Captain Inu Shikoku-ken, Courageous Warriors of the Stars!," She responded with sincerity....the show in question being a children's cartoon.

"My musical tastes are a bit more scatteh shot one might say," Ishiyo added after consideration, "Also to the point I would say I enjoy specific songs more then any specific artist. Though I have been listening to some more of Susumu Yakumo's work as of late."

The Sparrow chuckles silently, then falls back to a subdued smile. "Oh, Inu Shikoku-ken is fun. Made for nice adventures when Ji-Min and I were growing up. Oh, and did you know it features some rearranged classics from 26th century composers?" - She held herself. She probably doesn't care... shush.

"And... I hear ya. Hear the Universe was quite something, wasn't it? But so... like her voice more, or the outwordly feel? It's a bit of a change from her previous work, I think."

Hotaru Koseki wrote:
"Hmm, don't believe I've seen that one. Sounds entertaining though. I always liked Seppun Benteno Investigates. One Magistrate and his deaf dog solve crimes and teach important lessons."

He took a sip of his water before continuing. "Asfor music? Well, anything with a good drum beat really."

"Seppun Benteno is fun too! And that detective theme really gets you in the mood, ne?", she says, excited again. "But... drum beat? So... a rock fan, then?"

Honour: Exceptional * Status: 1 * Glory: 1 * CP: 0

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.
Sidekick: Stray the mutt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:24 am 
Suzume Shion wrote:
The Sparrow chuckles silently, then falls back to a subdued smile. "Oh, Inu Shikoku-ken is fun. Made for nice adventures when Ji-Min and I were growing up. Oh, and did you know it features some rearranged classics from 26th century composers?" - She held herself. She probably doesn't care... shush.

"And... I hear ya. Hear the Universe was quite something, wasn't it? But so... like her voice more, or the outwordly feel? It's a bit of a change from her previous work, I think."

"Well yes, I mean most of the episodes where Inu-tai interacts with the Crane stand ins tends feature a lot of traditional music. Of course the old Lion war song they mixed for Season 5 Episode 14, where Inu-tai helps defeat Lupus Malum's plot to destroy the Ancestoh's Hall, was really good too." Ishiyo blushed slightly and changed subjects, "Ah yes Hear the Universe was, I had hoped to see it live...she's been touring Crane space more as of late."

Hotaru Koseki wrote:
He waited for the higher status Daidoji to answer first. "Hmm, don't believe I've seen that one. Sounds entertaining though. I always liked Seppun Benteno Investigates. One Magistrate and his deaf dog solve crimes and teach important lessons."

"Oh well I have some episodes on my densai if you would like, I had hoped they would be doing a run of it here but it seems to have gone off ai-eh before ouh arrival."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:44 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
"Well yes, I mean most of the episodes where Inu-tai interacts with the Crane stand ins tends feature a lot of traditional music. Of course the old Lion war song they mixed for Season 5 Episode 14, where Inu-tai helps defeat Lupus Malum's plot to destroy the Ancestoh's Hall, was really good too." Ishiyo blushed slightly and changed subjects, "Ah yes Hear the Universe was, I had hoped to see it live...she's been touring Crane space more as of late."

<snip>

"Oh well I have some episodes on my densai if you would like, I had hoped they would be doing a run of it here but it seems to have gone off ai-eh before ouh arrival."

Shion looked at the Daidoji with a smile, not really managing to hide some surprise. Oh, look at that - She did notice that. Well, Crane education I guess!"

"Oh, I haven't really been following her, more just her music. But I suppose it makes sense" - she ponders for a moment, taking another sip of tea. Wouldn't want to make this conversation turn into politics. "Maybe you'll find a chance for a live concert when we're done here", she says with another small smile.

She then takes her own densai from her pocket. "Oh... Seppun Benteno's been cancelled? I remember there was some talk that the main actor might be taking some time off after the Emerald Fleet's last moves, but..."

Oh... touchy subject. Change, quick!

"Well, maybe it won't be out long. Hope not", she says, smiling. "I had been working on a song for an episode, too... wait, what are they swapping it for then?" - she looks down and swipes on her Densai, trying to find the schedule.

Honour: Exceptional * Status: 1 * Glory: 1 * CP: 0

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.
Sidekick: Stray the mutt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:45 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:

"I'd like that, thank you Daidoji-sama." Koseki always found himself paying too much attention to the physics of spaceflight in these sorts of shows, but he was willing to try it out. Also yet another excuse to hang out with the Crane ace!

Suzume Shion wrote:
She then takes her own densai from her pocket. "Oh... Seppun Benteno's been cancelled? I remember there was some talk that the main actor might be taking some time off after the Emerald Fleet's last moves, but..."

"Well, maybe it won't be out long. Hope not", she says, smiling. "I had been working on a song for an episode, too... wait, what are they swapping it for then?" - she looks down and swipes on her Densai, trying to find the schedule.

"Hmm? No, I don't think so. We just got the latest season when I was stationed on Amanoseki. Might be they're holding out on offering the next one to increase demand? I heard there's new big name star playing his nemesis for this one." He gave a conspiratorial smile. "Oh, and yeah, I like rock...but anything with a good beat is fine by me." It helped to drown out the mining equipment when he was on a drill work rotation.

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:35 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:

"Well, thank you," she laughed to the first. Quirking a brow she appraised the second, of course, "I.. I don't think they've set any such needs. Really, I think they just hope someone comes to collect me up. At least... that's how my family seemed to put it," she said, sheepishly.

Not unkindly
"You are not a Fantasy Flight card Doji-san, I would not gainsay your family, but surely you have more to offer than simply being collected."
Unconsciously looming a little over the Crane
"You should be seeking a good match, and your Clan should be supporting you."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:13 am 
Suzume Shion wrote:
Shion looked at the Daidoji with a smile, not really managing to hide some surprise. Oh, look at that - She did notice that. Well, Crane education I guess!"

"Oh, I haven't really been following her, more just her music. But I suppose it makes sense" - she ponders for a moment, taking another sip of tea. Wouldn't want to make this conversation turn into politics. "Maybe you'll find a chance for a live concert when we're done here", she says with another small smile.

"I am not sure to be honest," Ishiyo sighed, "I kind of stopped paying attention to the schedule afteh realizing that fact. I know it was still running in Crane space. I begun to wondeh, might you-eh names be in the credits of a few of these shows you are bringing up?"

Hotaru Koseki wrote:
"I'd like that, thank you Daidoji-sama." Koseki always found himself paying too much attention to the physics of spaceflight in these sorts of shows, but he was willing to try it out. Also yet another excuse to hang out with the Crane ace!

"Hmm? No, I don't think so. We just got the latest season when I was stationed on Amanoseki. Might be they're holding out on offering the next one to increase demand? I heard there's new big name star playing his nemesis for this one." He gave a conspiratorial smile. "Oh, and yeah, I like rock...but anything with a good beat is fine by me." It helped to drown out the mining equipment when he was on a drill work rotation.

"Oh, I can arrange a transfeh of files when its convenient," Her eyes lit up a little, "Perhaps while we are holding ouh planned discussion. I am as I said interested in you-eh encountehs with piracy. Exploreh Corps implies one has a certain amount of self-reliance."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:21 am 
Murame Shoan wrote:
Not unkindly
"You are not a Fantasy Flight card Doji-san, I would not gainsay your family, but surely you have more to offer than simply being collected."
Unconsciously looming a little over the Crane
"You should be seeking a good match, and your Clan should be supporting you."

"O-oh, I am. I just, my Clan mates here seem to be very willing to help me along. Yet," she laughed, shook her head. "Nevermind," she waved it off. Uplifting in her tone she said, "Don't you worry Ikoma-san, I am planning to do everything I can to secure myself the best match I can!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:34 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"O-oh, I am. I just, my Clan mates here seem to be very willing to help me along. Yet," she laughed, shook her head. "Nevermind," she waved it off. Uplifting in her tone she said, "Don't you worry Ikoma-san, I am planning to do everything I can to secure myself the best match I can!"

She nods, clearly approving
"Well, now I have no doubts to that Doji-san. Perhaps" she swallows slightly "We could, if you want, discuss at a later date. If you want. If not, we won't discuss it later. "

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:19 am 
Murame Shoan wrote:
She nods, clearly approving
"Well, now I have no doubts to that Doji-san. Perhaps" she swallows slightly "We could, if you want, discuss at a later date. If you want. If not, we won't discuss it later. "

"O-oh!" her cheeks flushed a little bit, all the conversation she'd moved passed it for a moment. Then remembered what she said when she first approached. Laughing, a touch awkwardly she nodded her head, "I.. I would like that, actually! If you want. Talking is a good thing, yea?" she said, a brief and far more confident chuckle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:28 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"O-oh!" her cheeks flushed a little bit, all the conversation she'd moved passed it for a moment. Then remembered what she said when she first approached. Laughing, a touch awkwardly she nodded her head, "I.. I would like that, actually! If you want. Talking is a good thing, yea?" she said, a brief and far more confident chuckle.

Shoan stifles a sigh, doing her best to conceal relief behind the implaccable mon
"Whew, what a relief....." Of course, she'd forgotten about her mouth...stupid mouth

"....That breeze...such a relief. But yes, I look forward to speaking with your further, perhaps I can have a message delivered to your accomodation?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:35 am 
"If you like, I'm at the Wisteria Inn," she said, a smile then ruffled through her things she'd had held ready. Pulling out her communicator she put it into the mode ready to sync with a few practiced moves, "Or you could call me whenever directly? If you'd like?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:41 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"If you like, I'm at the Wisteria Inn," she said, a smile then ruffled through her things she'd had held ready. Pulling out her communicator she put it into the mode ready to sync with a few practiced moves, "Or you could call me whenever directly? If you'd like?"

A direct call? Truly, samurai were so much more forward away from the Lion worlds
"That would certainly be more convenient, I would not like to cause you a hassle."
Shoan carefully retrieves her own communicator which burtsts into a light hearted Asahina pop jingle as it syncs with Ichika's device
"....It does that....ringtones....."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:50 am 
Ichika giggles into her other sleeve, "Mhmm," she said, double checking the sync went through alright before slipping it back away.

"I'll wait to hear from you, yea?" she said.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:52 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Ichika giggles into her other sleeve, "Mhmm," she said, double checking the sync went through alright before slipping it back away.

"I'll wait to hear from you, yea?" she said.

"Yes, I will contact you after an appropriate delay....I....will now walk away Doji-san, thank you for your conversation....I am now walking away."
Shoan bows and then true to her word, walks away.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:55 am 
Ichika laughed, bowed in turn, and then watched Shoan walk away. With another, soft laugh, she raised a hand and waved with two pumps of the closing of her hand.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next