It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: So This is Our New 'Home' (EN Day 1 OPEN [Common Room])
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:02 am 
"I watch Captain Inu," She glances at the plushie, "The show not Inu-tai here." Her fingers tap the desk, "And read up on new Fighteh designs, ai-eh tactics, famous flyers."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:01 am 
"I do enjoy watching a good race." He looks at the plushie. "Inu-tai is cute."

"I think doing some practice forms for Iaijutsu and Kenjutsu might be good, now that I think about it." He thinks that was peculiar that didn't think that earlier.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:26 am 
"Despite my family name," Ishiyo responds, "I am actually Kakita trained...I have focused on my flying but as I am grounded I likely will be working on my terrestrial fighting skills. But yes practicing the art of the draw is always calming, the focus of one's entire self to a single point in time."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:51 am 
Kamui is amused, because they share the same sir name. "You do you, cousin. I chose follow my family legacy to be an Iron Warrior, but my parents don't care for choice of combat driving, I recently started. They want me focused on dueling and marksmanship. I was school champion in Iaijutsu when I was 14. I thought I was unbeatable. But, at finals I was disqualified for a dirty move, and my ego was crushed. I still work hard on Iaijutsu to be a great fighter, but I enjoy other things."

Kamui realizes he may have gone off topic. "Oh, I'm sorry, I think I may have derailed things a bit."

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:22 am 
Her brows rose again, "I see...." She clasped her hands in front of her, "I am afraid my experience with iai...is somewhat different from you-eh own." Her eyes closed for a moment and she unclasped her hands, the dominant one coming to rest across her chest on the side her blade would be... "I entered a Kakita Flight Academy at 13, and my instructors had developed theih theory of space combat...and indeed its precursoh aerial combat...as an extension of Lord Kakita's ancient style. The idea that a single moment of excellence was all that one needed." Her palm was held up, finger slightly curled as if to offer a gift. A gesture imitated billions of times across thousands of worlds from the time of Lord Kakita to the present. "There was no championships or tournaments foh me, just contemplation...the collapse of one's self into that single moment. And then...." Her eyes flick open and the palm snaps over closing as if to grasp a blade hilt. "The strike. An end."

She breathed out a heavy sigh and laid her hands upon the table. "The Kakita teach iaijutsu as an art form cousin as beautiful as painting, as stirring as a tale, and as haunting as a melody. Not as a sport."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:55 am 
"Wow, you are very passionate about this. I must have come off like a... Well ya know." He looks a little sheepish. "I would love learn from you. I was taught in a very form based technique. You might teach me about the art."

He puts his hand up to his chin. "Hum, it's weird, I drive by the sit of my pants, not on forms or techniques. Not says that it the same or anything."

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:40 pm 
Ishiyo's expression was unreadable, she lets out a soft 'hmm'. "Definitely a different sort of training then."

Her hands rest upon each other, "Techniques that have been honed oveh generations, Daidoji-san, you-eh forebeahs in the Iron Warriors have used such to stand against the enemy of the Crane since Lord Daidoji first founded the family. It is a bit odd to take so...loose an attitude toward them. But I suppose there is a time foh improvisation." She presses her lips into a thin line and regards her kin.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:52 pm 
He is happy, but has a more serious tone in his voice. "Thank you, Daidoji-san. I know it's going to be a busy time for both of us, but a lesson or two would be great."

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:59 am 
"As you wish. I intend to practice at the dojo on alternating mornings...it would have started tomorrow but...I have an important meeting in the morning." Ishiyo smiled again.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:31 am 
"Alright. Well, whenever you are available over the next few days. Oh, and do you prefer Shifu or Sensei?" He gives her nod of appreciation.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:04 am 
"Neitheh, I am not serving in an official capacity." She frowns again, "The pure ways of the Kakita are the school's secrets alone, I can but help you improve the basic forms."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:27 am 
"Okay. I will look forward to this when we can. I promise to be attentive to you and not second guess you."

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:59 am 
Ishiyo tilted her head, regarding her strange cousin for a moment before shrugging. "All right. One of the Spider wishes me to demonstrate the art to them as well."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:15 am 
"The more the merrier. I asked you the favor." He gives her a polite.

Theme | Profile
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2