It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Early Morning Practice [Day 2, EM, Expecting]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:29 am 
Matsu Chiyoko wrote:
]"I am here to meet people that I might marry," she affirmed. "It would be poor use of my time not to take the chance when it is here."

Well, one thing the stories don't quite sort out is how cold and indifferent she is. Might just be superficial though.

"Glad to hear it", he said. "You know, most of the gunnery we do lately is against massed infantry, Not much for calling shots. I'd like to hear some wisdom from a real marksmanship guru on training though. Maybe I can get an idea of what it's like on the other side while I'm at it. Is that something you'd mind?"

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:41 am 
Susumu Nara wrote:

"Hee, you're very thoughtful Matsu-san~" Nara slipped in, noticing a few were already at the range.

"Oh, there's a queue I think. Hope we can sneak into one of the other firing ranges."

Hide rubbed at the back of her neck as followed behind the Spider. “Just bein’ polite is all.”

She noted the people already there, noting that one is a Lion and the other a Spider. Hmm. “I’m sure we can find a good spot. We just gotta be careful not to disturb them.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:45 am 
"Yeah, if we like...slip in over there" Nara motioned to the other ranges "they might not even notice we're here right?"

There was no chance that Nara wouldn't be heard. She wasn't quiet and she had a rifle.

"Do you have a rifle Matsu-san?" Nara asked as she moved over to the ranges.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:53 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
Matsu Chiyoko wrote:
]"I am here to meet people that I might marry," she affirmed. "It would be poor use of my time not to take the chance when it is here."

Well, one thing the stories don't quite sort out is how cold and indifferent she is. Might just be superficial though.

"Glad to hear it", he said. "You know, most of the gunnery we do lately is against massed infantry, Not much for calling shots. I'd like to hear some wisdom from a real marksmanship guru on training though. Maybe I can get an idea of what it's like on the other side while I'm at it. Is that something you'd mind?"

"Hrm." She thought very hard about that. "Well. If there is one specific piece of advice that I might provide, it's that most beginning marksmen think too hard. Get your sights in position and fire." She paused, then blinked in realization. "Apologies! You only asked if I would mind. The answer is that I would not, and that I'm glad to offer whatever wisdom I have."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:03 am 
Matsu Chiyoko wrote:
"Hrm." She thought very hard about that. "Well. If there is one specific piece of advice that I might provide, it's that most beginning marksmen think too hard. Get your sights in position and fire." She paused, then blinked in realization. "Apologies! You only asked if I would mind. The answer is that I would not, and that I'm glad to offer whatever wisdom I have."

Shokomaru watched her face closely while she thought. Matsu women were peculiar to him, they were so much, really. The Daigotsu had their share of severity, for certain, but the way a Matsu's face shifted in thoughtfulness was something that the Matsu themselves likely weren't as appreciative of as those who saw them do it. Then she exclaimed, having caught herself being a step ahead and the Spider smirked a little.

How is it all these women are so attractive?

"It's no trouble, you cut right to the point and that's appreciated", he said, dismissing any worries. "I have to agree, I suppose some are talented, but if there's one thing the army teaches it's that training makes soldiers. Practice until it becomes natural isn't a bad answer."

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:15 am 
Susumu Nara wrote:
"Yeah, if we like...slip in over there" Nara motioned to the other ranges "they might not even notice we're here right?"

There was no chance that Nara wouldn't be heard. She wasn't quiet and she had a rifle.

"Do you have a rifle Matsu-san?" Nara asked as she moved over to the ranges.

Hide held up a long metal case that likely holds a rifle. “Yep. Standard issue, nothing special.”

She looked over to the ranges that Nara pointed at. “I’m fine with this.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:21 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
Shokomaru watched her face closely while she thought. Matsu women were peculiar to him, they were so much, really. The Daigotsu had their share of severity, for certain, but the way a Matsu's face shifted in thoughtfulness was something that the Matsu themselves likely weren't as appreciative of as those who saw them do it. Then she exclaimed, having caught herself being a step ahead and the Spider smirked a little.

How is it all these women are so attractive?

"It's no trouble, you cut right to the point and that's appreciated", he said, dismissing any worries. "I have to agree, I suppose some are talented, but if there's one thing the army teaches it's that training makes soldiers. Practice until it becomes natural isn't a bad answer."

Not privy to Shokomaru's thoughts, she simply nodded in return. "Talent without effort is nothing but wasted potential, my sensei used to say. Barring insane luck, you don't take a dropship out of the sky without having worked towards your shooting for many hours."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:24 am 
Matsu Chiyoko wrote:
Not privy to Shokomaru's thoughts, she simply nodded in return. "Talent without effort is nothing but wasted potential, my sensei used to say. Barring insane luck, you don't take a dropship out of the sky without having worked towards your shooting for many hours."

He held up a finger. "You know, I'm really curious how you took down that victor, did you hit the pilot? Air intake malfunction? Emma-O showing up to chuck his spear at it?" He smirked. "I've heard a lot of different versions."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:27 am 
"I caught the passenger side engines mid lift," she answered simply. "Fire the big gun into the thing making explosions so it explodes inside the ship instead of outside. Or that's what I figured at least."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:35 am 
He thought for a second. "Wait, who were you engaged in battle with at the time?" He was going over known troop transport profiles he'd studied in the last intel kit he was issued and was trying to think of which model had munitions close to their engines.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:37 am 
"The Scorpion, on UNE-433," she explained. It could strike one that the explosions she was referring to was the actual firing of the engines.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:47 am 
Narrows it down, but not by much. Could have been any other clan's model repainted with the way those sneaky slags do things.

"Oh, I see. Could have been anything."

Even the Scorpion blowing it up themselves for some reason.

"Must have been amazing sight", he said, and sincerely. He thought some things to himself, but he had zero doubts of her ability as a marksman after seeing her shoot. "So, enough boot talk, this is a miai, right? What do you do for fun, Maximum Range-kun?"

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:28 am 
"I am a fan of ikebana," she answered, pursing her lips in thought. "I haven't had a lot of free time lately, what with the Ikoma wanting to document near my every move leading up to this. I love listening to music. I'd like to see a live band some time."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:39 am 
Matsu Chiyoko wrote:
"I am a fan of ikebana," she answered, pursing her lips in thought. "I haven't had a lot of free time lately, what with the Ikoma wanting to document near my every move leading up to this. I love listening to music. I'd like to see a live band some time."

"I like the sound of that too, actually there are some musicians around. I imagine they could do something pretty amazing. Wouldn't it be nice to have that memory here?" he gave her a confident look. "I'm not kidding either, Moto Ruhe, that guy is seriously badass on a fiddle and I think there's some Suzume around that is musically inclined."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:58 am 
"That would be a live memory. And a hell of a story to take back to my spotter," she grinned. "Most of us don't get the time for a live show. Hopefully they get a full public performance together."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:03 am 
"For sure. I think one of yours hear Ruhe play also, Akodo-san, gunso of one of your flight groups. He could tell you just as well", the Spider assured her. "Though I'm surprised, you don't get entertainment on deployment at all? I thought only the my clan was that rude."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:09 am 
"Not on deployment, at least not in my division. Much of my time is spent sitting in the same place for days, and noise of any sort is an op-sec risk."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:11 pm 
Matsu Hide wrote:
Hide held up a long metal case that likely holds a rifle. “Yep. Standard issue, nothing special.”

She looked over to the ranges that Nara pointed at. “I’m fine with this.”

"Standard is fine. Not everyone has a famous rifle that's been on a tv show after all" Nara said with a nod as she took the rifle off her back, spinning it as she turned and shot at the target from a distance entirely out of nowhere. The shot was...average, just clipping the side.

"Hope you're having a blast!" She giggled, then frowned "oh yeah, the rifle can't answer back now. That makes that less fun."

D2 EM shooting at the range. A raise for showing off: 6d10o10k3-5 13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:06 pm 
Matsu Chiyoko wrote:
"Not on deployment, at least not in my division. Much of my time is spent sitting in the same place for days, and noise of any sort is an op-sec risk."

"I mean between debrief and briefing."

They have to have Lion down time, i refuse to believe the Spider give more thought to their solders than one of the 'good' clans. Comedians, singers, they all come entertain. Usually the fancy unit gets it, but sometimes we get a broadcast and it's all mandatory fun.

It'd only happened once, while on garrison duty. But still, he had a hard time. Or maybe the terms were all different so Chiyoko and he weren't communicating quite right.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:06 pm 
The Matsu started to open her case but then she saw that shot and frowned a tad. She couldn’t help but ask, “Would you mind if I gave you some pointers, Susumu-san?”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next