It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Day 2, LA - Makeup Assignment (Expecting)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:33 pm 
Normally, Tenma liked to think of herself as quite polite; She showed proper deference to her superiors in the Clan and respect for the skills and abilities of her peers, even if she was aware she could be a bit harsh in her judgments of others. Here, with samurai from other Clans though, it felt very different.

So it was that the Bayushi woman found herself having asked where Daidoji-san was staying at the Inn before going out and getting some stuff. When she was sure Ishiyo was in, she made her way back to the Inn and knocked on the door to the Crane woman's room.

"The law never rests."

Post subject: Re: Day 2, LA - Makeup Assignment (Expecting)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:15 pm 
The Crane was indeed in, stopping by to check on a few things. She was back in her civilian attire and looked ready to head back out. "Oh Bayushi-san, how are you this evening... afternoon? Care to join me?"

Ishiyo motioned towards the common area, not wishing to disturb her roommates.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:51 am 
Tenma inclined her head, "I would, Daidoji-san, thank you. I am lucky to have gotten some of your time, since you offer."

She walks to the common area nearby, waiting up for Ishiyo.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:31 am 
The Crane follows along at a leisurely pace, she moves to one of the tables, "Seems as good a spot as any." Her smile returns, "So what can I help you with today Bayushi-san?"

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:45 pm 
"Ah, well..."

Sitting as well in a formal manner, Tenma folds her hands in her lap after setting her bag on it, "With all the chaos from yesterday at the Rec Center... Well, I never really got the chance to apologize; I may have offered something token for running into you, but I fear I was a bit too embarrassed at the time to offer something proper, not to mention all the commotion all the others were making. Ah, as well as an apology for being curt on the shuttle ride; I am afraid I'm not the best with tight spaces; It pains me to admit claustrophobia and shuttles mix to make me anxious."

She bows with her forehead on the table, "We have gotten off on the wrong foot I fear, and I offer you apologies for my conduct."

It was all in fairly formal tone and language, even if the awkwardness of it took away from that a little.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:20 pm 
"Think nothing of it Bayushi-san," Ishiyo remarked casually, "Mistakes happen and no one was hurt. As foh the shuttle, no one was injured badly. Just some wounded pride and a little bruising, nothing worse then what one gets at the dojo."

"I hope the two incidents have not upset you-eh view of the miai thus fah?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:53 pm 
"The miai? No, not in the slightest. And I was not imagining you held any wound over the matters either, not in any serious manner at least. But to myself... you seem the sort who would understand what it is to be held to high standards. Either by oneself or others. Sometimes the same thing, sometimes quite the opposite."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:10 am 
"Well I mean...yes in a way, theih are expectations from my family, the Crane, and the military." Ishiyo nodded, "But responsibilities and expectations are not exactly standards. I mean...I do not really think of it as holding myself to a high standard just meeting the expectations placed upon me."

"And flying is such a joy for me, that trying to be the best at it is just natural.'

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:55 am 
"Ah, but that's the thing though; What if the expectations set for you were exceedingly low? Would you not feel some pull to try even harder at what you're best at, prove yourself better than thought of?"

Perhaps she was giving too much away, but she wanted to be blunt in why she was doing all this.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:11 am 
"I suppose...but in my case," Ishiyo smiled sympathetically, "My line is known back to the very tribesman that followed Yasuki into Lady Doji's service. To the moment it broke off and joined the Daidoji, all the way to today. My fatheh is a wealthy and powerful man, who while he loves his children still sees everything as an extension of the family line. Expectations on me and my siblings were high...I can not speak on the experiences of someone who has had to rise above theih family since I am one has to rise up to heh own."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:46 am 
"Hm... well, my father is a very wealthy and powerful man, and fairly kind to his children, I think. But I just have unique circumstances I suppose. Either way... I guess I can't explain it very easily. Either way, I am sure I cannot truly speak to your experience as well. I will just leave it that my standards for myself say that I wish to be a paragon that rises above her circumstances. Perhaps it's just an inner monologue, a story I tell myself. But that doesn't make it any less real to me."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:00 pm 
Ishiyo nodded, "So then what are you-eh standards to be risen above here? Excel at every task and choose whoeveh comes in second?" Her voice is teasing, "Oh do you have something else entirely in mind."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:21 pm 
"Well, I would certainly stand out then, no?"

A soft smile for a moment before Tenma shook her head.

"Honestly, coming here was not my idea; My mentor suggested it, I think because he knows my family circumstances and how disinterested my father and mother are in arranging something for me. As much as taking it all and getting my pick would show them that I deserve the best, I like to think I'm more of a realist than that. Perhaps just end up with someone who is rich or beautiful or glorious, prove that I'm worth being chosen by someone like that? My pride wants more, to find some way to make a name for myself and stand out, but the trick with standing out too much is making sure it's not for the wrong reasons."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:29 am 
"I am not sure limiting yourself to wealthy and beauty is the best. I mean have every intention at this time to just do my duty and pick a spouse who would be advantageous to the Clan in some way, but that is not necessarily the best eitheh." Ishiyo's smile turns more pensive.

"To be blunt I am someone who grew up having pretty much anything I wanted...well materially at any rate. My fatheh loves me deeply, in his nuanced way. As does my motheh. So I can not even begun to fully understand you-eh situation. But I do understand that this is a chance for someone who wants it to take control of a part of theih life not normally available. You get to choose who you want to marry...well in the confines of here and the nature of the miai. So why not, instead of worrying about writing you-eh glory in the stahs, you find that person and just do everything you can to win them." She shrugs, "I do have to warn you though, Benten does not often smile on lovehs at first sight. I think she is a bit like Ebisu in that regard, her blessings are for those who work for them."

"There is always time to create the Bayushi Tenma whose name inspires poems and plays, and perhaps it would be easieh with someone standing beside you."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:58 am 
Tenma listened carefully, putting her hands on her knees before relaxing a bit at the end, lowering a chin into a hand as she leaned forward, "So... be with who I ~want~ to be with. I suppose that has it's own appeal, though I've never been all that inspired by Benten-no-Okami. But you make a good point; I probably don't need to rush to make a name for myself, to use every opportunity I can, when I could think more long term and take things as they come. It's... not like me, even thinking about it now; The urge to fight and scrape for every advantage and bit of being the best is kind of how I survived, growing up. But you have given me food for thought, certainly."

Taking her chin out of her hand, she gave a seated bow.

"I came to apologize and here I have you giving me a peptalk essentially. This is not how I planned things."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:01 am 
Ishiyo blushed and rubbed her cheek, "Well I am not one who normally gives out life advice. But if it helps then...well I am glad you found a little use from a few random thoughts."

"So then what was you-eh plan Bayushi-san?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:33 am 
"Ah, right!"

Reaching down, she picked up the bag the was now next to her and opened it up; Inside was a bouquet of crocuses, the blue and white flowers tied together at the stem and stuck into a sealed vial of water to keep them fresh.

"I was going to give you these, apologize, and maybe get a kiss for my thoughtfulness. At least, that was how I had it planned, you understand."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:53 am 
Ishiyo's eyes widen and she blushes a little, "That was not necessary Bayushi-san, it was just a simple accident. Surely would such not be betteh foh one whose attentions you intend to draw?" So began the game of refusals.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:09 am 
"Um, well, about that... I've not found anyone I feel as interested in as you so far, Daidoji-san. You are very elegant and seem intelligent and kind, but you also have a toughness and aura of strength to you that mixes well with that and is very appealing..."

Tenma was also blushing at this point, though she made it a point to keep looking at Ishiyo, not wanting to seem wishy washy about this at all, since they were her true thoughts.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:16 am 
Ishiyo blinked at that, "I...well I was not expecting that..." She took a breath and composed herself, "But of course the miai is till just beginning. Perhaps you just not had the chance to meet everyone yet."

"Are you sure you wish to give such a gift to me?"

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next