It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: [Day 2 EN] Mblaaaargh! (Expecting)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:01 am 
Once again Shoan was atop the Wisteria Inn. And once again, she was looking out across the city. The greatest change was that this time... she had a bucket
“Bleeeurgh!” And that bucket was getting some good use
“Seven fortunes.... of course the one with black spines was poisonous”
She had turned pale underneath her tan and had started shivering violently.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

Post subject: Re: [Day 2 EN] Mblaaaargh! (Expecting)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:08 am 
Nozomi stepped out, clearly concerned by the sounds of vomit. She scratched her head and asked, "So, uh, too much liquor?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:16 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
Nozomi stepped out, clearly concerned by the sounds of vomit. She scratched her head and asked, "So, uh, too much liquor?"

“Kitsu-san, how wonderful to... oh... oh one moment”
Blaaaargh! Blarhg blahrg
“I rarely drink Kitsu-san, and when I do it is never in dangerous quantities. This is the result of...”
Looking a little chagrined
“Something much more stupid. I may have consumed some poisonous fungi.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:33 am 
"That is a weird revelation," Nozomi admitted. She scratched her head and then shrugged. "I don't really need to know how this happened."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:36 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"That is a weird revelation," Nozomi admitted. She scratched her head and then shrugged. "I don't really need to know how this happened."

“.... That might be for the best. I would just urge you not to eat any fungi with black thorns.
And I apologise if I disturbed you, I can try to be sick more quietly.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:48 am 
"No, no, I think I can help. I'll just need you to be quiet so I can concentrate on the kami," Nozomi explained. She pulled out her holoslates and thumbed through until she found the right one. Then, she got on her knees and began her ritual.

"Hey, Nozomi here," she announced to the kami. She readjusted her glasses. "So I never actually studied the spell but I do remember there being one that can help when somebody eats poisonous stuff."

---

D2 EN Commune with Earth TN 10: 4d10o10k3 34

D2 EN Importune Jurojin's Balm TN 20: 4d10o10k3 12

That's going to be a wash this time. If only they were reversed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:53 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"No, no, I think I can help. I'll just need you to be quiet so I can concentrate on the kami," Nozomi explained. She pulled out her holoslates and thumbed through until she found the right one. Then, she got on her knees and began her ritual.

"Hey, Nozomi here," she announced to the kami. She readjusted her glasses. "So I never actually studied the spell but I do remember there being one that can help when somebody eats poisonous stuff."

---

D2 EN Commune with Earth TN 10: 4d10o10k3 34

D2 EN Importune Jurojin's Balm TN 20: 4d10o10k3 12

That's going to be a wash this time. If only they were reversed.

((Her efforts are appreciated none the less!))

Shoan stands silently respectful of the Ikoma’s power
“Thank you Kitsu-san, I think I feel the kami’s blessing. Thanks to their powers I am hea-“
Bleeeeurgh! Bleeeurgh!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:35 pm 
"Ah, no, I will let you know when I've done it," Nozomi murmured. She rubbed her palms together and then removed her glasses.

When the kami seemed to be fully present with her, she dipped her head. "Please forgive me for my informality earlier. There is no excuse for my behavior."

She lifted her head and gestured with it towards her Lion sister. "She is afflicted with illness from local fauna. It pains me to see another member of my clan suffering thusly."

---

D2 EN Commune with Earth TN 10, Second Try: 4d10o10k3 23

D2 EN Importune Jurojin's Balm TN 20, Second Try: 4d10o10k3 38

D2 EN Casting Importuned Jurojin's Balm TN 20, VP for +1k1: 5d10o10k4 27

One fixed up Shoan!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:41 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Ah, no, I will let you know when I've done it," Nozomi murmured. She rubbed her palms together and then removed her glasses.

When the kami seemed to be fully present with her, she dipped her head. "Please forgive me for my informality earlier. There is no excuse for my behavior."

She lifted her head and gestured with it towards her Lion sister. "She is afflicted with illness from local fauna. It pains me to see another member of my clan suffering thusly."

---

D2 EN Commune with Earth TN 10, Second Try: 4d10o10k3 23

D2 EN Importune Jurojin's Balm TN 20, Second Try: 4d10o10k3 38

D2 EN Casting Importuned Jurojin's Balm TN 20, VP for +1k1: 5d10o10k4 27

One fixed up Shoan!

(( :O my hero! ))

Shoan’s colour returns almost immediately and the taller bushi is able to sit down with an exhausted thump, looking at Nozomi with a mixture of religious awe and gratitude.

Still, she doesn’t want to jinx it, so Shoan extends a hesitant thumbs up to Nozomi in query.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:18 am 
Nozomi did a lot of esoteric magical things. Really, it was one of the few times she seemed to be a priestess instead of some awkward woman.

At the end of it all, she picked up her glasses, rubbed a smudge out of a lens, and put them back on. With it came the not-so-outstanding Nozomi. "There may be some indigestion from how sick you were. The body returning to equilibrium," she admitted, "But the actual poison should be removed from your system."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:19 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
Nozomi did a lot of esoteric magical things. Really, it was one of the few times she seemed to be a priestess instead of some awkward woman.

At the end of it all, she picked up her glasses, rubbed a smudge out of a lens, and put them back on. With it came the not-so-outstanding Nozomi. "There may be some indigestion from how sick you were. The body returning to equilibrium," she admitted, "But the actual poison should be removed from your system."

Shoan nods slowly, this time up to actually keep the mblaaargh down

"I am still deeply thankful to you Kitsu-san, and to the kami, I...regret wasting your time and theirs on my trivial matter."
She looks like she wants to stand quickly but instead thinks better of it, bowing from her seated position
"Please, if there is anything I can do to thank you for this service ask."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:00 am 
"Ah, the kami can be demanding, but I think they ultimately enjoy helping." Nozomi grimaced. "Don't quote me on that though, please."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:04 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Ah, the kami can be demanding, but I think they ultimately enjoy helping." Nozomi grimaced. "Don't quote me on that though, please."

"I will not even paraphrase it Kitsu-san."
She looks curious but magic matters are well above the Murame's paygrade

"It is always a little overwhelming being worked on by one of your family, and whether the spirits enjoy it or not their work has saved myself and my kin before and will probably do so again."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:18 am 
"That is our purpose in the clan," the Kitsu said with a smile. It turned a bit more impish as a thought occurred to her. "Every family in the Lion serves one. Among the other clans, I cannot be so sure."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:21 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"That is our purpose in the clan," the Kitsu said with a smile. It turned a bit more impish as a thought occurred to her. "Every family in the Lion serves one. Among the other clans, I cannot be so sure."

"Yes...I sometimes feel like all the Scorpion families fill the same role."
That of being generically shifty samurai

"As for the Unicorn the Iuchi are their shugenja and the rest just.....ride things."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:24 am 
"Oh my, you do have bold statements to make," Nozomi said with a slightly haughty laugh. Still anxious, as she often was, but she was a Lion after all.

"And the Daidoji are the only ones meant for a proper fight, yes? And trade, apparently. They really do have a lot of slack to pick up."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:28 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Oh my, you do have bold statements to make," Nozomi said with a slightly haughty laugh. Still anxious, as she often was, but she was a Lion after all.

"And the Daidoji are the only ones meant for a proper fight, yes? And trade, apparently. They really do have a lot of slack to pick up."

"I...well, perhaps bold is the right word. I may have simplified."
Not that it was untrue
"The Daidoji are the ones who fight, the Doji talk...and the Asahina talk, and the Kakita talk but then will also stab....I may be simplifying again. I am sure it is not easy being an iron crane."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:31 am 
"Exactly! You get it." The Kitsu looked a bit mollified, her eyes focused on the way up to the roof. "It's going to be hard to find someone to marry."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:34 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Exactly! You get it." The Kitsu looked a bit mollified, her eyes focused on the way up to the roof. "It's going to be hard to find someone to marry."

"The goal is finding someone good to marry. I do not imagine there will be any difficulty in finding someone. You are an honourable priestess who is well read and has conversational skills, why wouldn't another samurai find that attractive?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:35 am 
Nozomi stifled a laugh. "Thank you, thank you. I'm more worried about finding someone I'd be comfortable with marrying."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next