It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Forever Young (D1, EA)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:04 am 
As the Akodo became... stirred? Emotional? Overcome? Hyeon-ju just had to wonder if this scene might've played out the same if they had been in a military-themed serial-novela now. Or if he would've announced his intentions then and there to marry her and save her from such... horrid conditions.

If she didn't agree so strongly, she might've been amused.

"Akodo-sama speaks words that I agree with strongly, and it's high standards that I think we as samurai should always strive to hold ourselves to. Every samurai, from the lowliest private still wet behind the ears to the most seasoned commander - all of us, wake up each day, ready overcome what we were before and continue to excel."

She shook her head. "Merely being good enough is lazy, inadequate, and... simply stale."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:55 pm 
The Lion's anger dissipates as he witnesses the Sky Rider's ironclad on. He nods his agreement as she speaks--"Hai, Utaku-san, high standards and continuous improvement. Much better said than my... ill phrased comments. Thank you." But while his words are proper, and his face is settling back to a respectable on, Akihiko's eyes betray a confusion? a discord? still swirling in his mind.

He turns away briefly. When he returns his focus to Hyeon-ju, Akihiko's eyes have hardened. He gives a small bow of his head and says "I think I will have to meditate further on the ideals of Bushido to achieve your level of clarity."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:50 pm 
"It is natural for a Lion to roar," she remarked with a small smirk. "I'm merely trying to adhere to Lady Otaku by maintaining a calmness. She was not known to be rash or loud in her ways, and it's an example I look to. A calm and harmonious mind is what the Utaku focus on in our training, as flying requires you to not get swept away by feelings."

"Still," for a moment, the Unicorn was a little amused, "I am... touched by Akodo-sama's strong support. It is much appriciated."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:22 pm 
The Lion grimaces a bit at Hyeon-ju's joke, but he nods respectfully as she shares more of her perspective. And he bows his head in recognition of the Unicorn's kind words. His face shows more ease now, though in his eyes still great... curiosity?

"I think we should speak more, Utaku Hyeon-ju-san. But I'm afraid I have monopolized your time in the gardens this afternoon. I apologize." The Lion gives a small but formal bow.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:29 pm 
"It's no trouble, but I would be honored to meet with you again in different circumstances, Akodo-sama. Maybe a meeting over tea or something one of these days?" She understood that this was probably not the best time or place to speak further as... two miai participants.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2